Looking to use your media skills to help further an amazing cause? Want to change the lives of hundreds of people? Join the media team at MEDLIFE and get ready to learn more media skills, explore new destinations, and improve your Spanish while living life in Lima! We have professional equipment (including a drone), an open mind to many different kinds of projects and a lot of energy to create....We just need you!
For: Students, recent graduates, or individuals with a background in communications who can commit to living abroad for 6 months.
Length: Summer (6 months/May-October) and Winter (6 months/November-April)
Language Requirement: Knowledge of spoken and written Spanish strongly recommended, but not required.
The Basics: MEDLIFE hosts 3 media internships: Journalism | Social Media | Film & Photography
All media internships will be located in Lima, Peru. Interns will work closely with our field staff members to document MEDLIFE's work on the ground through a variety of mediums (text, photos, video). Interns will also work with the Director of Communications and Volunteer Affairs, and the communications team to contribute to multimedia projects for our website, blog, and social media sites. Media interns must have some prior experience in communications, have strong writing skills in English, and be familiar with basic editing software (Adobe Suite, Final Cut Pro).
1. Social Media Internship: Contributing to MEDLIFE's social media presence (mainly, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, and Youtube); developing and implementing a creative social media strategy to attract new supporters online.
2. Journalism Internship: Attending local field events, Volunteer Trips and Patient Follow-Up visits in order to document our work via blog posts, photos and other content for the MEDLIFE website.
3. Film & Photography Internship: Attending local field events, Volunteer Trips and Patient Follow-Up visits in order to document our work via photos and videos. Producing and editing short videos, photo albums, and other content for MEDLIFE.
Potential travel to other field states in countries MEDLIFE works in.
Though this is an unpaid internship, MEDLIFE covers furnished housing, utilities, and work-related expenses for the duration of the internship. Interns are responsible for airfare and personal expenses. Interns who complete a minimum of six months are eligible to have their airfare reimbursed up to $500. Interns who complete a year-round are eligible to have their airfare reimbursed up to $1,000. In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to have an important role in a fast-growing non-profit environment, experience vast professional and personal development, and gain unique, first-hand insight into the public health sector in the developing world.
We look forward to receiving your application! Remember you may select more than one internship but can only be chosen for one. Keep in mind that an online portfolio (personal website) is a necessary part of the application. This portfolio must be related to the internship you are applying for and must contain links to all your best works. The portfolio is mandatory. Other allowed platforms for the portfolio are:
- Film & Photography internship applicants can use a Flicker/Vimeo/Youtube/Facebook Fan Page account as portfolio.
- Social Media internship applicants can use a current Facebook Fan page they are currently administrators of as a portfolio.
- Journalism internship applicants can use a link to magazine/newspaper/blog they write for as a portfolio, but articles must have their name as author.
MEDLIFE MEDIA INTERNSHIP APPLICATION