Are you passionate about MEDLIFE? Are you an active citizen who values community involvement? What about discussing social issues and playing an active role in creating a visible difference? Then join the MEDLIFE call-to-action to make a positive change!
As a Volunteer Affairs intern, you will be working to help spread the MEDLIFE Movement! Through creating and facilitating advocacy initiatives, educational material and volunteer engagement, you will empower our volunteers and MEDLIFE chapters across the globe to make a difference even after they leave our Mobile Clinics.
- Manage MEDLIFE chapters in your team’s region, providing support, feedback, and ideas throughout the year for all of their processes, events, and troubleshooting.
- Create advocacy and educational materials targeted towards student involvement at universities and high schools!
- Provide quality customer service while handling all forms of communication for the organization (phones, emails, etc).
- Assist in pre-trip coordination for our Mobile Clinics/Dev Corps and act as a liaison between our volunteers, staff and community members to ensure that clinics run smoothly on site.
- Facilitate our MED presentations and lead reflections activities for our volunteers.
- Visit our patients in our Patient Follow-up Care Program alongside with our nurses and shadow our medical professional in the field.
- Visit communities we work in to observe project progress, attend community meetings and preventative health educational workshops.
- Take part in development projects and explore individual interests within the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive
- Project management
- Customer service
- Organization and attention to detail
- Motivation and ability to take ownership of tasks
- Native English proficiency
- Intermediate Spanish prefered
- Availability of up to 7-10 months to live on site in Lima (August-May). Please specify in your interview your availability.
- 70% of time spent in the office, 30% spent in the field
- Majority of the office time spent 8-5pm
- Mixed schedule for Post Clinic Activities during Mobile Clinics
- Rotating weekend shifts
- Multilingual and multicultural office setting
- Activities in the field may include lots of walking or climbing hillsides in order to get to communities and occasional project days - transporting materials, helping with house projects, etc.
- Lima, Peru
- Free housing and utilities provided
- Interns are responsible for airfare and personal expenses and those who complete the full program will be considered for a stipend/up to $1000 flight reimbursement upon completion of their internship
- Meals are provided while interns are assisting on Mobile Clinics or Post Clinic Activities
- Professional and personal development
- Experience in the public-health and nonprofit sectors
YEAR-LONG INTERNSHIP APPLICATION