Looking to use your media skills to help further an amazing cause? Join the media team at MEDLIFE and get ready to learn more media skills, explore new destinations, and improve your Spanish while living life in Lima!
MEDLIFE hosts 3 media internships: Journalism, Social Media and Video & Photography.
- Social Media Internship: Contributing to MEDLIFE's social media presence (mainly, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, and Youtube); developing and implementing a creative social media strategy to attract new supporters online.
- Journalism Internship: Attending local field events, Volunteer Trips and Patient Follow-Up visits in order to document our work via blog posts, photos and other content for the MEDLIFE website.
- Film & Photography Internship: Attending local field events, Volunteer Trips and Patient Follow-Up visits in order to document our work via photos and videos. Producing and editing short videos, photo albums, and other content for MEDLIFE.
- Flexible in work functions + duties
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks + meet deadlines
- An ability to deal with complexity and manage multiple projects at once.
- Social Media Internship:
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and Google Drive
- Good judgement of appropriate social media use
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Journalism Internship:
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Proficient Spanish
- Standard knowledge of DSLR photography
- Video & Photo Internship:
- Knowledge of Adobe CC (Premiere, Lightroom)
- Strong knowledge of video production, including post
- Ability to log and organize footage efficiently
- Availability of 5-months to live on site in Lima, Peru (September - January)
- Availability of 4-months to live on site in Lima, Peru (February - May)
- 50% of time spent in the field, 50% spent in the office (this may vary)
- Activities in the field may include lots of walking or climbing hillsides in order to get to communities
- Lima, Peru (clinic season may provide opportunities to travel to one of our other locations)
- Free housing and utilities provided
- Interns are responsible for airfare and personal expenses and those who complete the full program will be considered for a stipend/up to $1000 flight reimbursement upon completion of their internship
- Meals are provided while interns are assisting on Mobile Clinics or Post Clinic Activities
- Professional and personal development
- Experience in the social communications and nonprofit sector
YEAR-LONG INTERNSHIP APPLICATION